Five Things I’m Grateful For:
- Finally did a sleep study.
- Made great progress on my custom DND class.
- I have a pretty awesome river tube. Hopefully the smoke clears up, so I can use it before the water gets too cold.
- I can still do a variety of flips on the trampoline. Potentially on the ground too, though I’ve never tried for fear of injuring myself.
- Though I look quite unhealthy on paper, I’m feeling like I’m taking big steps to improve not only my physical health, but mental as well.
- Happiness 30% 30%
- Exhaustion 90% 90%
- Today’s Activities 15% 15%
The sleep study was pretty easy with Kaiser. You checked out this watch with a finger sensor attached. It was a little uncomfortable to sleep with, but didn’t affect my “normal” sleep very much. I’ve had years of pretty terrible sleep. I wake exhausted and have an equally terrible time falling asleep initially. The sleep study found that my Respiratory Disturbance Index (RDI) was 15.4. This should be <5. They recommended a CPAP machine to treat sleep apnea, but an SLP thinks it’s more likely a deviated septum. I’m following up with a ENT to determine what the next steps should be. Sounds like a nose job.
In other news, I think planting a kitchen herb garden is the way to go. I just need to figure out how to do such a thing and where to put it. Based on our tiny ass kitchen, I’m leaning towards one of the grow kits that comes with a light. Have to see which one looks like the best choice.